Please read this document carefully! By the time the group arrives to check the sound, it is necessary to arrange all the equipment on the stage in accordance with the scene plan, switch according to the list of FOH inputs and AUX send, check the signal transmission, as well as the functionality of the entire equipment. To coordinate the equipment at the site, put a mark in a special column opposite the name of the equipment that you will have on the site. Save the document and send it to the soundman.
The team need from 1 (one) to 2 (two) hours for soundcheck and setup. During the soundcheck on the stage and around the mixing console/FOH there must be permanent and quite bright static lighting. Are not allowed: mounting of any equipment, testing of lighting equipment and special effects that could interfere with soundcheck. During the soundcheck and the concert there must be 2 technicians provided by service company (or concert venue). One near the mixing console/FOH and one on the stage.
1. AC power
- The same power supply cannot be used for lighting and sound equipment.Two separate circuits should be provided with technical staff of the rental company, or the staff of the venue.
- 3 (three) available power supplies of 220V must be located at the scene according to the stage plan. 1 (one) free power source of 220V must be located near the mixing console/FOH. The voltage should not be less than 210 volts
2. (P.A.) SOUNDSYSTEM
3-4 way system of concert series (110 db SPL up to 300 seats, 120 db SPL in the halls up to 1000 seats) (L’acoustic, FunktionOne, JBL (not less than SRX), MeyerSound, MartinAudio, EV (not less than PX)) with 1/3 octave E.Q on all main outputs required. Three-way (tri-amped) house sound system must be able to provide enough power to produce 120 db SPL at the house mix position. We request PA-system must be fully operational, to have the same level of smooth sound from the 2 portals, and cannot be placed behind the musicians, or in any way aimed at the stage! If the portals are on stage, it is necessary to separate the PA system and the stage!
Minimum requirements for FOH mixing console:
- 32 input channel; 16 AUX line (analog or digital: DigiDesign, Midas, Allen&Heath (ZED series are not suitable!), Yamaha – LS series or higher);
- Four-band EQ on each channel with a parametric HiMid and LowMid;
- 10 Aux sends to connect monitor system; Aux’s must be Pre-Fader, but Post-Eq;
- 2 Aux Post-Fader for effect sends(only analog console)
- Hall, Delay – analog console – T.C.Electronic 2000/3000/ M-ONE / D-TWO / Lexicon PCM 81 / 91.
4. BACK LINE
4.1 Monitor system:
- Monitors: 7 lines, 8 units: 15″+2″ not less than 500 watts each (bi-amped & coax) (preferably to use monitors of the same brand as the PA system);
- Each line must have: individual 1/3 octave E.Q (XTA, KlarkTeknik, BSS);
- Line 1 (Lead Vocal) must have 2 units
- 1 unit guitar stand for Acoustic Guitar;
- Long stand with round base for Lead Vocal; Long stand inclined for Back Vocal; Long stands for overheads and hi-heat
- Jack-Jack (TRS-TRS) – 3 unit (3m) for Guitar Acoustic, Accordion L+R; 2 unit (1m) for trombone radio system
- 2*2m carpet under the drums is necessary! Important: there must be a podium under the drums (with size 22m and height 20-30sm) if the concert stage size is more than 10*6m! The monitor of the drummer must be located on his left hand.
- Drum Set: Yamaha Stage custom; Sonor 3007; Sonor Delite; Tama Starclassic; Gretsch Catalina; Pearl Master or higher. As an option Yamaha, Pearl, DW, Gretsch.
- Kick 22”; Rack Tom: 10” + 12”; Floor Tom 14” age allowed; a stand for a side drum; a stand for a Hi-Heat with a holder; Hi-Heat 14”; Crash 16”; Ride 20”; kick pedal; 4 stand with all holder, a special height-adjustable stool (drumtron) for a drummer; a tuning key for the drum.
Important: all stands must be serviceable, with all the fasteners, holders, rubber bands and clips!
- Acoustic Guitar with TRS Jack out, need di-box nearer the place marked in the stage plan
- Two mono or one stereo active Di-Box (recommend KlarkTeknik, BSS) nearer the place marked in the stage plan
- Has his own condenser microphone with XLR out, hi needs to bring XLR cable to the place marked in the stage plan
- Has his own instrument radio system with microphone with XLR out, hi needs to bring XLR cable to the place marked in the stage plan
- Has his own instrument radio system with microphone, hi needs Di-Box and 220v nearer the place marked in the stage plan
- He needs a radio system (like Sure UHF-R, UR2, ULX-D series; Sennheiser g3 or g4 ew500 series and higher), with a supercardiode dynamic head (Shure Beta 58, sE Electronics V7 MC1 Black; Sennheiser MMD 945); in some cases we can use a wired microphone – discussed separately
5. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
At an open air concert, during the cool time of year, it is necessary to provide five (5) UFO heaters for musicians and set them on the stage. 220v connection to UFO is conducted with separate (from the sound and light) power line!
The organizers or the rental company provides their own competent sound engineer (at soundcheck and performance of the group ) if there is no sound engineer of the group with them!